The National Curriculum for Physical Education in Years 3 to 6.
Sport & Games
Our children will be taught to:
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination
- play competitive games [for example, badminton, basketball, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounders and tennis], modified where appropriate, and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance [for example through athletics and gymnastics]
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.